Thursday, May 24, 2018

I'm surprised to learn a couple things about Dan Woods today... ! Remember the famous Milk Truck? That guy, not the other one from chop cut rebuild.


Dan is still working on hot rods, at age 71, in far Nothern California, and one that he did in the 70s was the Mafia Mixer, though I've never heard of it before, learning new stuff about old stuff is what I do every day


Notice the artwork on his back wall



and it's currently in the planning stages of a restoration.

How cool is that!

Also, I hadn't known that he was part of the crew that built the RoAcH CoAcH, another iconic show car.

In 1978 Dan was part of a build of a modified hot rod with bubbles for a windshield, body moulding like an insect, multiple tailpipes and racing wheels of course.

The brainchild of RoAcH, Inc., the custom show car was designed by Ed Newton and built by Dan Woods, Don Boeke, and a band of merry men. The car was a ISC show-car for years.

The RoAcH CoAcH debut was a monster party during the 1978 NHRA Spring Nationals. The party celebrated the opening of RoAcH, Inc.’s new 100,000 sq. ft. facility, the top fuel drag racing team, and Stan Peterson’s’ wedding.

which I was told 7 years ago at SEMA was getting a restoration... but hasn't shown up yet

https://www.facebook.com/loveyourvets/posts/1585002655134001

5 comments:

  1. I went to Junior College with Dan bask in 1964-1965. He and I had many conversations about Hot Rods and the like. He was working on the Milk Truck then. He had also built a beautiful burgundy red T-Bucket with a Buick Aluminum V6 in it as I recall. We took drafting together. I had my '48 Ford Woody that was a piece of junk. I eventually turned it into a Show Car and later a resto-mod. I owned it nearly 45 years. I'm sure Dan would recall the fellow car guy with the shabby yellow Woodie!! Love to meet him again. I'm in the LAX area now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious where you heard the Mafia Mixer is being restored? We purchased the Mixer in 1993 and have just begun restoration on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted this 14 months, 5 thousand posts ago, 2 conventions, and one move from apartment to apartment ago...
      I simply don't recall. Either someone mentioned it to someone who published it, or I over heard it at a car show

      Delete
  3. I had a friend in the 70's that bought thje T Bone T from Dan in the late 70's..As far as I know he still ows the car

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any idea where the Roach Coach is now? Does it still exist?

    ReplyDelete