Hanssin-Juka's last flight in the mid-1950s was destined to be scrapped. The chairman of the Youth Department of the Häme County Hunting Association, got the idea of buying a plane.
He made the deal with Hanssin-Juka and with the Ministry of Defense, but ended up donating it to the shooting group his idea of making it a youth café to support of the club's youth work and funding for a new shooting range.
As the aircraft was not licensed for a transfer flight it was disassembled and transported in 1959 and was assembled with the remaining original engines. The machine had a regular café, with light tables and loungers. Walls had photos of the plane and a brief summary of the colorful history of the machine.
The coffee shop started well. The aircraft was also equipped with tourist post cards and souvenirs.
The cafeteria opend in August 1959 and operated until until 1974, but in the 1970s the cafeteria was no longer crowded, and the there were no funds to repair the machine. However, the cafeteria did somehow, occasionally occasionally open, until 1981, when it went bankrupt
In 2011 it was restored and put in a museum
skip to 1:30 for video of it, there aren't any subtitles though