Tuesday, January 02, 2024

By the way...

 was just chatting with a new co-worker, and talking about the expense of living in San Diego, and both conversationally, and to gather info, I asked, how much she paid. 

Nope. She's 32, dad bought her a car, and still pays the insurance. He still pays for her 36 year old sisters too. 

Some people? got really lucky in life's lotto, and were born to rich, caring, cool parents. Who also paid for university. (just a seriously good guess) 

.................................................................................................................................................

Separate story, happened today at the car parts store

I met a really cool Miata owner, it's her 3rd! Serious! 3rd Miata, and she got it 2 years ago, from a jet jock, who kept meticulous records, of course, it's a 94, with 110k miles when she bought it, for 5k. 

Wow, and wow. 

More amazing? Her dad was a Mopar guy, had a 69 Barracuda, (I believe was the year she said) that was real fast, and had zero problem tossing his daughters the keys when asked. He later bought her a Coronet (My R/T is a Coronet) so we shot the shit for a while as the parts store was swamped with people getting stuff the day after the holiday. Super cool to talk to, and she even said, hey, lets go get a beer sometime! Well, I'm in. And I'd already gave her my car for the remote possibility that she wants her Miata to go to a good home some day in the far future, because we all know my commuter Hyundai ain't gonna last forever. And I've wanted a Miata for a long time. Small, sporty, stick shift, and leaves room in even a small parking spot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment