Saturday, January 06, 2024

Impressed with the way Dave's 70 Super Bee looked, I tried to shortcut right to the same look. Murphy's Law fell on me like I owed it my 1st born. Here's the way his looks compared to mine (for now, these are not what I want)

 Clearly, his tires fit on his rim better... I was going to simply buy the exact ones he had, and prevent every effing problem I've had since, but, of course, Murphys Law got in the way, and NONE of those rims were available for months, and I had to move along, and get SOMETHING for the car to roll out of the shop on. 

The tires he recommended weren't available either.

Since I'm not in Indiana, I couldn't simply go to his shop and get the work done right. Yes, several things were not don't right. 





here's a couple more that show the extra space in the wheel well... 

Looking at these back wheels, you can tell easily, that this shit ain't right. 

the fronts look alright, but, no one has measured the clearance in all circumstances of bump, and steering in whatever position the wheels can achieve. 

So since the tires hit the front fender trim, https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2023/12/when-getting-my-ol-dodge-from-shop.html  I took those off to prevent more damage, and put some clay in blobs along the fender lip to see if the tires rub, and how much. 





to the left of the green mark you can see some clay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment