Monday, December 31, 2018

tip jar thanks!


I've had the tip jar up for 5 weeks, and 25 of you have made that glass jar clang and ring, and other glass noises, and there were roughly twice as many tips, and by not including the single largest, and the smallest, I did the math and that tips averaged out to 26 dollars per tip. That's 50 cents a week.

So, I thought I'd mention that I find it interesting that without the context of my perspective, and just donating an amount you felt comfortable with, it is equal to a weekly newspaper value. Not a Sunday edition, and not a subscription, but for 26 readers who wanted to tip, it equalled paying for a newspaper once a week.

I'm complimented that I turn out enough content each week, that it would fill in a Sunday newspaper, or thick magazine, and that it turns out that about 2 dozen readers feel it's worth paying for to get.

On the other hand, 9,980 (simply put, about 10000 readers a day pop in) don't feel they're getting enough to pay for. So, applause to you tippers! Boo and hiss to the nearly 10 thousand people who stopped by daily for the last 365 days, and don't feel like tipping.

 To the non-tippers I say: may you be cursed with camel spiders in your bed, a rash between your legs, a lover with rotting teeth, and an inheritance taken up by taxes. May your ignition short out in the rain, your tires go flat at random, your fuel filter get clogged, and your headlights die in the middle of a long night time trip. May your Chevy run like a Ford, and vice versa

4 comments:

  1. Well, the camel spiders probably aren't any more nuisance than the dogs I'm already stuck with, the rash is already there, her teeth are unlikely to be worse than mine, and I haven't got any inheritance to be taxed. Tyres flat? happens all the time, fuel filters are always getting clogged, headlights are fine so long as I keep the acetylene topped up and that Chevy/Ford nonsense is just macho posturing (I've never approached the status of "real man"); but ignition shorting in the rain? I hate that. Tip en route via Paypal.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I KNEW that having to fiddle with the engine stuff in the rain would get SOMEONE! That's about the worst thing! You get wet, the car might not work after you fiddle around, and then you will get back into the car wet, and your seat will get wet. All around misery! Darn it though, you've got a real streak of bad luck going on! I should put a note on that curse, that if any two of these are already happening, keep the tip! Lol.... thanks ol friend! Happy New Year!

      Delete
    2. Sod the car; I'm talking about when the bike's ignition packs up and I'm already wet and I'm already cold and then when I'm checking the sopping wet spark plug with sopping wet hands I get a shock that knocks me over and the bike falls down and breaks the clutch lever... it's happened. Don't get too drunk on the tip. Happy New Year. You still owe me a beer.

      Delete
    3. Oh no! That's terrible! It's making me laugh to think of such a rotten series of events, and I apologize at my finding that funny... I hope enough time has passed since that happened that you too can laugh about it!
      If you ever come to San Diego, or I to England, we'll settle that beer tab!

      Delete