Friday, January 03, 2014

Motor Trend Classic is killed off again. Bastards.

once again they let us subscribers know only 6 months late, and think we'll be satisfied getting Motor Trend magazine. Why can't they kill Motor Trend and keep making a magazine I actually respect?

It might be relevant to point out that the editor of Motor Trend Classic has only done stories of new expensive cars since Feb 2013 http://www.motortrend.com/staff/angus_mackenzie/

they still have it up on their website http://www.motortrend.com/classic_cars/ and advertise selling you a subscription

but the postcard I got in the mail today says it's dead, and my subscription is going to be filled by the regular (boring) Motor Trend

4 comments:

  1. Too bad. I used to read Motor Trend when I was growing up in the 70s for their Retrospect feature which had an article and a nice 2pg color spread of a vintage car. I used to spend my monthly allowance of a dollar to ride my bike to the corner store to buy my copy. At that time, I wasn't aware of other magazines that featured antique cars, even though there was. I used to put all the pictures up on my bedroom wall. Unfortunate Motor Trend couldn't make this magazine work. I enjoyed the couple of issues that I did read, but I didn't think it compared to Collectible Automobile or Hemmings Classic Car

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:56 PM

    cant compete with Hemmings Classic Car mag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:59 PM

    Hard to compete with Hemmings Classic car

    I remember when it was called Hemmings Special Interest Auto

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late to the party on this post, but I agree 100%.

    Motor Trend is just too boring for me, and since they worry more about the "tested" vehicle's "carbon footprint" than its top speed, I can't even call it a real car magazine anymore.

    ReplyDelete