Now showing approximately 49,000 miles, the car is still entirely original except for tires and exhaust, some new belts and hoses and a replacement smog system. The Deluxe Décor interior is virtually flawless, as if it has never been occupied, and all the original inspection stickers and grease-pencil markings are intact. The recipient of a sympathetic detailing by Colin Comer, the car is uniquely finished in its original Pastel Grey paint with Black interior and Red seat and carpet inserts, an unusual and attractive combination.
Described by Comer as “absolutely the finest unrestored, 100% original paint and interior 1969 GT-500 you will find”, there is no disputing its qualification as a collector’s dream, especially taking into account its fully documented history in the hands of a single caring owner over a thirty-five year period. There is simply no other GT500 like it.
Unrestored original 1969 Shelby GT500
- Original paint, interior, driveline, stickers and factory markings
- Winner, Chairman’s Award, SAAC 31, 2006
- Pastel Grey with Blue stripes, Black/Red interior
- 428 Cobra Jet Ram Air 4-speed
- Detailed by Colin Comer
- New Goodyear GT Polyglas tires
- Completely documented with inspection reports, Owner’s Manual and warranty book
Found on http://mentallydefectiveandborntoolate.tumblr.com/post/69781005117/hotrodzandpinups-oldschoolgarage-69-shelby