Sunday, November 29, 2020

Christmas present ideas for around a hundred dollars or less, just thinking out loud.




 a container of race gas for someone who has a high compression non catalytic converter equipped car

yes, this is twice the cost of 5 gallons of 100 octane blue Av Gas. 




however to get that Av Gas, first, you'll need to buy a 5 gallon "utility jug" or government approved (omfg) "fuel container" which is identical, and costs more. 

Make sure if you get one, you shop around for a less expensive one, as these are all overpriced, and vary by 200 to 300 percent markup. Normally these sell for about 20 dollars. (that's why it's nearly the same price for the top item, 5 gallons of race fuel in a can, because 35 dollars of av gas, plus 20-25 dollars for a jug = 60 dollars. 

Also, be sure to get one with the filler hose and cap. 

Or go to Rancho Santa Fe and tank up on the good stuff 




Everyone loves to get a gift cert for a car washes or detailing, except those few people who do the car detailing themselves (and damn, Mike is amazing on his) 


Also, train rides, spending quality time in a new unusual way so you can get a view of how your friends are doing, as Jackie Blankenship reminded me, miniature golf, or go on Ebay and find them something fun n funky






a 12 pack of beer! Who would be upset about getting a 12 pack of Stella? 


And if you know someone with a DeWalt or Miwaukee cordless drill... get them a big battery! Of course, first you GOT to know what they have, and what they need. 12v? 18v? 20v? They are all different designs and not interchangeable. Be sneaky. 


for offroaders and overlanders, go with Max Trax or GoTreads or any of the less expensive similar gear




or a Magic Creeper for 70 dollars on Amazon which is ten dollars cheaper than it was when I posted about it in 2017or similar rip off that is the same design by some other company for half the cost 



or the Hella hi beams for $60, like I installed on my last car in 1997, which are spectacular 





But what I think people will appreciate most is free... your time. (it took an 2 hours to make this post, I shit you not) 

Hang out with them for a full damn day, even plan a "guys day out" or "girls day out" at the gun range, off roading, spa, restaurant, etc etc etc 


And if you've got some great gift ideas, LET ME KNOW! use the comments section to tell me what the coolest Xmas gift you got was, or the coolest one you've given, and by that I men that would be one that applies to anyone, not just that one specific person




'Twas the night before Christmas out in the garage, no trace of a Ford, only my Dodge.

The presents were wrapped, the lights were all lit, So I figured I'd mess with my 69 for a bit.

I pulled the pins and lifted off the hood, a voice behind me said "440 six pack looks good!"

Well, as you can imagine, I turned mighty quick, And there, by the workbench, stood good ol Saint Nick!

We stood there a bit, not too sure what to say, Then he said "don't suppose that you'd trade for my sleigh?"

I said "no way, Santa" and started to grin, "But if you've got time we could go for a spin!"

His round little mouth, all tied up like a bow, Turned into a smile and he said "Hey! Let's go!!"

So as not to disturb all the neighbors' retreat, We pushed my Bee quietly out to the street.

Then, taking our places to drift down the hill, I turned on the key and I let the gas spill.

The sound that erupted took him by surprise, But he liked it a lot, by the look in his eyes.

With tires smoking and the pipes a-flow, We headed on out where the street racers go.

And Santa's grin widened, approaching his ears, With every shift up, as I went through the gears.

Then he yelled "can't recall when I've felt so alive!" So I backed off the gas and said "you wanna drive?"

Ol Santa was stunned when I gave him the keys, When he walked past the headlights he shook at the knees!

Then the Big block exploded with a thunderous sound! Santa dumped the pedal and the tires shook the ground!

Power shift into second, again into third! I sat there just watching, at loss for a word.

Then I heard him exclaim as we blasted from sight, 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, It's a HELL of a night!

from, and modified for poetry flow, https://www.facebook.com/groups/dcsboc/


1 comment:

  1. Last year I got carb rebuild kits for the Winfields on my vintage race car. Just what I wanted and needed

    ReplyDelete