Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Oh man, you're going to get a laugh out of this.

Matt just proposed to me that he buy this site.

For 5k.

Oh, and I can stay on and run it... he figures to hire more people and make a business out of it by selling advertising.

He first said, and this will slay you "Would it be cool to share your monthly revenue and expenses info so I could get an idea of that?"

As if I make a revenue, or have expenses for sitting at a computer and blogging.

I had to set him straight about a couple things.  Like blogging doesn't sell stuff, and doesn't get advertisers

1'st, a quick google search shows he is "Matthew Scyoc - Head of Digital Marketing - Hearst Autos"

But he insists he's out to make a go at blogging about cars, for himself, he just wants to get started with a going thing, you know, something that has an online respect, rating, and backlinks. What Google Analytics thinks of as value, for selling advertising.

Of course, he doesn't want to buy JACG to flip it for, or buy it for, Hearst Auto. Nope. Not at all. Never let it be said the thought even occurred to him.

Oh, and first he said he's in Lansing, then, when I asked him if he knew what a yooper is, he said yeah, then I asked him if he knew what the term is for someone who lives below the bridge between the UP and the Lower Peninsula. Nope. He said he doesn't.

It's a troll.

I kid you not. Michigan is comprised of trolls, and yoopers. Me? I was born on the shore of Lake Superior at L'Anse memorial hospital. Graduated from L'anse High. That's about as yooper as it gets. Born and raised. (Well, some might say living there year round all your life, but there just are no jobs there, don't believe me? Ask around. Michigan is a nice place to retire, but there's shit for jobs. Ask GM, Chrysler, and Ford. They all went bankrupt there)

I told him to go buy Justacarguy.com

I'm not going to. Someone bought the domain name a decade or more ago and wants to sell it for a couple thou.

I told him, buy it, make a hood ornament guide, and turn that site into a business.... has anyone ever pointed out how to get a head start to anyone better than that? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a flatlander born in Deckerville. I was brought up with goats and trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, $5000 for all the years and thousands if not ten's of thousands of hours it took to put it where it is today, AND......he'll still let you run it for HIM to boot! Wow what a guy!!!! What would that work out to....twenty five cents an hour for your passion and true labor of love? He's not a yooper , he's in a stuper. What a tool!

    ReplyDelete