Monday, February 03, 2020

it's been a while since a train rolled on those rails, must be a great place to walk down the line


Here's a question, if you could buy up a couple miles of abandoned line starting off some county road, wouldn't you have a nice quiet perfect driveway from the nearest road, all the way to where you build a house? Or a hunting cabin? Imagine if you also got the bridge trestles, and then would have your own perfect place for hang gliding, or paragliding... something like that

https://thoughtitwasagoodideaatthetime.tumblr.com/post/190461529021#notes

3 comments:

  1. I dream such dreams. It's out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's one of the reasons I like the rails to trails programs, thy give me a little idea that some day if I might bike or walk those trails that I might see some terrific place. I won't be able to do a thing about it, but just to see it will be good

      Delete
    2. It's also why I've posted so many videos of guys with a make shift rail scooter out riding some abandoned railroad in the mountains

      Delete