Sunday, April 07, 2024

I just got an email from Bob G in New York... check out his teenage car! Did 11s in the 1/4! Thank you Bob!



I owned an authentic 1969 Ford Cobra ( Torino) 428 SCJ motor, modified as most teenaged cars of the times were. But, as you look closer at the attached pictures, the interior has been modified extensively as well.

In the early 70's I was a carpenter and helped friends with custom van interiors. Paneling was very popular in these custom vans. Some how I came up with idea I could lower weight by removing the rear seat and a little structure. 

Ultimately, a flat deck was constructed with paneling and being a fastback, the back window turned out to be quite nice to view stars with my girlfriend. :) Car ran high 11's in the 1/4 mile. Note, your favorite wheels of the day also :)  (slotted mags!) (Really shiny too!)



No comments:

Post a Comment