Saturday, May 16, 2020

all blower and no brakes resulted in a panic decision it to stop it with a last ditch effort, ironic pun intended (see! I can be a writer!)


you probably aren't familiar with the old jargon phrase "last ditch effort" from the 1800s if you are using google translate, or know English as a 2nd language.

 Last-ditch effort - Dictionary.com
last-ditch effort. A desperate final attempt, as in We're making a last-ditch effort to finish on time. This expression alludes to the military sense of last ditch, “the last line of defense.” Its figurative use dates from the early 1800s.

Well, I tell ya folks, trying to be funny when you aren't funny gets strange results.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_nagR6Fglx/

5 comments:

  1. This is going to seem ironic but my brother Dan also had this car! Same color less the blower with a hood. I'm forwarding him both the Mustang and the Camaro for a little throw back. I'm sure they'll make him smile! Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. He called me this morning and indeed it made him smile. Wishes he still had either one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For you regulars Dale is also turdherder. Depends on whether I'm looking from my PC or phone. Also I'm a plumber.....duh right

    ReplyDelete
  4. 😆 "Last ditch effort." Good one.

    ReplyDelete