Thursday, January 02, 2020

Meet Rolf and his wife... lucky guy! What his wife doesn't know is that he goofs off reading this site instead of getting the machines to start work on time in their shop, lol..


1979 to 2019


1976 to 2019


I forgot that 2 years ago I posted a bit about this car! https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2017/12/rolf-found-curtis-ox5-and-is-making-car.html


and his email:

I would like to thank for your contribution in your blog.
It’s all ways the first thing in the morning if I’m in holiday or at work I’m checking your blog after starting the computer.
 I never had the impression that the hours which I spend to read your blog is wasted time.
I hope that my manager (Wife) will never figured out how many hours the machines in our workshop are standing because of reading your blog.
Wish you and your family all the best for 2020
 Rolf from Switzerland

Thanks Rolf! Since you read the blog, and she doesn't, she won't learn from me that we've got a thing going that keeps you from getting the days work started on time, lol... may you always start the day with some easy going humor, cool car eye candy, and whatever the hell else I may have found to share and entertain you with, before the regular old daily work load takes up the rest of your day!

Here's the 1918 Curtiss OX5 engine back in 2016:






pictures are posted at https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/aero-engined-vintage-racers.221543/page-20 

8 comments:

  1. I second the request for more info on the project car. By the looks of that spotless shop I doubt any machines therein are neglected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEEEEEEEASE,MORE Info.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chassis is from a Frazer Nash from 1928 and the engine is a Curtiss OX5 airplane engine from 1918

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... do you have more photos of it online ?

      Delete
    2. Jesse, didn't you post some pics on this car a couple of years ago?

      Delete
    3. Lol... that was what I discovered right about exactly the time you asked this question, which I didn't know about until now, 5 hours later, but I was looking for other Frazers in my archives and found that yes, December of 2016 I posted about this engine and chassis, he hadn't yet completed it this much

      Delete
  4. Putting the OX5 in a Frazer-Nash is a great idea, its at least 100lbs lighter than a flat head Ford and has more power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I read today that it has 95 Hp at 1500 rpm

      Delete