Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Dutchman Wiebe Wakker set out in March, 2016, on an electric car journey from the Netherlands to Australia, he got there, thanks to folks offering charge stops along the way


"I am excited that I made it this far," Wakker said at the final finish line. "Earlier this trip I reached the North Cape, Europe's most northern point and now the most southern tip. I basically crossed the whole globe in an electric car. Very proud of this!



"I'm having mixed feelings at the moment, sad that my adventure has come to an end but also happy to go back home, having a closet to put my clothes in, seeing friends and family again and to start a new challenge.

"My journey has been made possible by hundreds of people who offered me a bed, shared a meal with me and let me charge my car. And of course help in many other ways from strangers, friends and companies. Thanks all for getting me here."


https://newatlas.com/wiebe-wakker-blue-bandit-plug-me-in-journey-end/60777/
https://plugmeinproject.com/

1 comment:

  1. "It's all about energy?" "It's all about freeloading, ya bastard!

    ReplyDelete