Monday, March 25, 2019

Original owner Cyclone


1970 Cyclone 429 Super Cobra Jet with the Drag Pack option, the Detroit Locker with 4.30 gears, and the four-speed Top Loader transmission at the Mason Dixon Dragway, and I've drag raced there... as crazy as that seems. I drove my Super Bee to visit my sister in Hagerstown Maryland, and then learned they had a dragstrip in the next town over. So, Friday night I went over and had fun


by loosening a wingnut the center nosepiece of the grill swings up out of the way for a cam swap

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/wanted-pontiac-won-races-1970-mercury-cyclone-429-super-cobra-jet/

1 comment:

  1. Cam swap? Now that's the good old days, now you swap a chip. My first car was a 70 Montego, great riding, nice interior, but it was heavy; 3900 lbs for what was allegedly a mid sized car. My dad's 71 Fury 2 door hardtop weighed 4100.

    ReplyDelete