Thursday, February 14, 2019

John Haynes has went on to scout out the way ahead, and probably make a book on how to do it right


Haynes started Haynes Publishing after helping fix an Austin Healey Sprite while serving in the Royal Air Force and realizing the official manual wasn't designed to help an average car owner.

He purchased a camera and documented the repair processes, including an entire rebuild of the car's engine. The step-by-step approach and diagrams would become a trademark for Haynes Manuals going forward.

https://www.powernationtv.com/post/founder-of-the-haynes-repair-manuals-john-haynes-passes-away-at-80

2 comments:

  1. What a great comment Jesse! You hit it just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks! It's the only thing I got right, all day long. I've been getting bitched at and kicked off facebook pages because of bitchy people all day long, and I've had 2 people here on my site tell me I'm a moron, and shut the fuck up. Yeah, here. Where I get to put out my whatever, and everyone can ignore it and move on.

      Delete