Friday, November 30, 2012

The car, and the competition... the Better Off Dead 1967 Camaro


a funny situation in the movie Better Off Dead that I forgot about until I rewatched it just now to see the Camaro, was the rivalry between John Cusack's character Lane Meyer, and the two brothers in the Falcon. Every time that Lane came to a stop light, these brothers were waiting and goading him to a drag race. The driver didn't speak English, and the passenger learned from Wide World of Sports by listening to Howard Cosell. So he grabs a CB microphone and speaks over a PA system mounted to the Falcon roof.


Lane is driving a station wagon because early in the movie his Camaro doesn't run








The station wagon loses. A lot.

Then the cute girl across the street decides to help out our hero in need









 And now the dashing young hero wins. Good movie, 1985 wholesome teenage highschool goodness.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088794/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

And that damn newspaper kid that wants his two dollars:

I first posted about the Camaro 5 years ago when I learned that it had been found and restored. http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2007/07/camaro-from-better-off-dead-found-and.html

the owners website is http://www.betteroffdeadcamaro.com/

3 comments:

  1. CLASSIC!

    No kidding, I was just telling someone at work about this movie (2) days ago!

    I gotta watch it again.

    I want my TWO DOLLARS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my top 50 movies, seen it dozens of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding the newspaper boy....funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete