Saturday, August 23, 2008

A good question to banter over when talking to car people, Who has designed the best looking cars in the past 100 years?

I arrived at that question when looking at http://www.ridelust.com/designer-century-most-beautiful-cars/#more-1423 which may be accurate, in awarding Giorgetto Giugiaro the honorific. I'm not debating Ridelust on this, just offering this premise to you for bench racing the next time you are among other knowledgeable automotive people who can offer their thoughts.

Sadly, I don't know of anyone I can discuss car designers with who is topically knowledgeable on them. I'm no expert, but I can hold my own by knowing the cars, car names and manufacturers, and possibly remember the names of designers if someone else jogs my memory, and the cars they worked on.

I offer Chip Foose, Dick Teague, Pininfarina, Bill Mitchell, Harley Earl, Virgil Exner, Marcello Gandini, Raymond Loewy, J Mays, Buckminster Fuller, Paul Jr, Larry Shinoda, Elwood Engel, Henrik Fisker, Syd Mead, Freeman Thomas and others I'd recognize if someone mentioned them

No comments:

Post a Comment