Friday, January 17, 2020

I don't remember if I posted about it, or only thought about it (cause my memory sucks and I'm old enough to realize sometimes I thought about something, but didn't do anything)

but did I mention that I wanted to try out a new thing?

if you regular readers/commentors let me know when your birthday is, I'll post a Happy Birthday To You, on your birthday.

But, you'll have to let me know the day of. Remember, I can't remember stuff, and actually no kidding forgot it was my birthday the past couple of years.

Why? Well, unless someone is doing something with you, or for you, on your birthday, it's a non-event.

So, since maybe some of you have are just like me with non-event birthdays, I thought, why not make it a thing where you can get a Happy Birthday post, and maybe some of the commenting minded people will join in.

I know there are a dozen or two people who take a look every day, and comment most of the time, and are easily recognized names to the rest of us that hang around and read comments. 

4 comments:

  1. A possible addition to your Birthday announcements - Encourage the birthday celebrant to submit a picture of either the cool thing with wheels they want or already have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Brazilian reader's birthday is November 6th. You could post some Chevy Opalas pictures on that day and explain to your fellow Americans that the old Camaro and Impalas have a Brazilian cousin :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is easy.. September 11. Give a shout out to all the WTC, flight 93, and Pentagon first responders. I'll be happy with that.
    I talked to guy that works at a big recycle yard in Stoystown (Shenksville). He looked up to see that big airliner upside down just before it crashed. It was nothing but terror and pandemonium. A sad day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Upside down? Holy shit.
      Whoa, birthday on 9-11. Done.
      So, you think this is a good idea? There's been very little response

      Delete