Tuesday, December 24, 2019

I don't know what's going on, but there seems to be a need to force a hell of a lot of soot out the exhaust before some ignition and combustion actually occur and fire up the engine on this train



I'm guessing they are using compressed air to roll the motors over until they finally get the glow plugs hot enough to light off the fuel



Yes, I realize I could look up the procedure online and quickly learn what they're doing that creates so much pollution, and so little benefit to getting the engine to run, in less time... but really, what's the point? In my opinion, it's the watching the effort, hearing the noise, and just pondering the procedure that is the reason to watch these dinosaurs fire off. 

1 comment:

  1. dont worry, its all those pre 2005 trucks in california that cause the pollution, railroads are exempt from almost every law or regulation that other companies have to obey

    ReplyDelete