Monday, November 18, 2019

Twas the night before...

’Twas the night before the auction
And out in my garage
I took out my wallet
And gave it a massage.

The children were nestled strong in their beds,
Raiding their college fund danced in my head.
Like a ship searching for a new sailor
I hoped for my dream car on Bring a Trailer.

Ma in her kerchief, me with my 401K
Trying to decide if it would be okay
To bid on something so dear to my heart
Maybe even selling a vital body part.

Out in the driveway there arose such a clatter
I rushed outside to see what was the matter.
Away to the street I flew in a flash
Thought I'd just heard Kevin Hart’s Cuda crash.

What to my wondering eyes should appear?
A bid red sleigh with eight tiny reindeer.
I gazed inside and said, “What the heck?”
I spied custom floor mats from Weather Tech.

I threw back my head, said “Santa what’s up?”
He rubbed his belly tossing me a phone cup.
More rapid than a Shelby his coursers came
Whistling out loud and called them by name.

“Now Porsche, now Aston, Bentley and ‘Vette
To the top of the roof it is now time to get.
On Comet, on Bobcat, Outlaw and Ranchero
Now’s the time you can all be a hero.”

“Help me stuff this 300 SL down the fireplace
Sit back and watch the smile on his face.”
Then a miracle likes of which had never been
This ’57 Mercedes wound up in my den.

The fact I couldn’t drive it I gave not a damn
’Twas enough to just sit and wave to the fam
While fake driving and smelling the leather
Never having to worry about it seeing weather.

Santa sprang to his team giving a whistle
 Away they all flew like the down on a thistle.
I heard him explain driving off into the night,
"This is only a dream but that’s alright.

You’ve had a taste of the other half’s life
 Treasure your old Volvo and sweet little wife.
 Look forward time spent in heaven
Where Mercedes are all roadsters from ’57."

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1957-mercedes-benz-300sl-roadster/  comment by CaptainMyCaptain

No comments:

Post a Comment