Friday, April 26, 2019

it was no surprise to me to see how much the tires had worn away in 17 years... I knew it was misaligned, but I also knew cheap tires were easier to replace than the entire front suspension...


it doesn't bother me one damn bit to have used up a pair of tires over 17 years instead of replaceing the front end suspension... it's way cheaper to replace tires. You might not know how little I've driven my 69 R/T in all these years, less than 10k miles for sure.


and here's a look at the 1970 JC Penny front shock, wasted upper ball joint, wasted sway bar bushings, wasted lower limit bumper... no one between the 1st owner and myself did shit to maintain this car. On the other hand, it's only had 128,000 miles when I bought it. So... not much was needed... though, the ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm, and shocks are all junk. I've been taking my time, and replaced 3 shocks so far, and none has ANY life at all. No ability to push out the plunger. 

1 comment:

  1. Remember when shocks were $4.95 to $9.95???
    Now they want over $100. each for my '87 Samurai I paid $800. for...Sheeesh!

    ReplyDelete