Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Must be your birthday, it's the exact shade of Cookie Monster frosting I've always likes, it matches "Blue Moon" ice cream at Dean's Ice Cream in Plainwell Michigan.


http://carmechanicfails.tumblr.com/

Deans is a 50 + year old ice cream shop across the street from my great aunt's, and they had a strange blue color ice cream called Blue Moon.

 When I was a kid in the 70s, you could get a double dip ice cream cone there for a quarter. I remember, because I found a quarter on the sidewalk in front of her house, and had only one goal in the world from that moment on. Ice cream.


right next to Deans were rail road tracks, which only have a bridge over the river to show they were ever there... center of below image


and a super smooth extra grassy area heading in the other direction out of town. Hard to believe that those houses were built THAT close to railroad tracks... but it's no joke


I remember them well when I was a kid. 1976-77 time frame

No comments:

Post a Comment