Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Are all the Hot Rod Magazine staffers subcontracting to Hagerty? Or, just not busy enough, and having time on their hands to send articles to Hagerty?



Elena Scherr, Thom Taylor, Brandan Gillogly

and even Aaron McKenzie from Petrolicious https://petrolicious.com/author/aaronmckenzie

I find that odd, but then, maybe Aaron is a freelancer. The 3 old staffers from Hot Rod Magazine aren't. They're about half the management of HRM.

I'm not complaining, I'm just pointing out something strange about the biz... that Hagerty is paying some really good writers, from other magazines and websites, to fill it's website with articles. 

1 comment:

  1. Working for the Hot Rod magazines ain't what it used to be...when was the last time you saw a true project car and not an assembly of parts provided by the advertisers? Hot Rod magazines have not been profitable in years and that is reflected in the compensation provided to their staff. They expect staff writers to do more for less. So...you can't blame them for trying to pickup a few extra bucks on the side. Been there done that... and am glad I do not have to depend on that for my living anymore.
    The best analogy is in the song sixteen tons....

    … You load sixteen tons, what do you get
    Another day older and deeper in debt
    Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
    I owe my soul to the company store…

    ReplyDelete