Friday, December 21, 2012

now at the Petersen museum, this is the 1939 lakester named the Meteor, and handbuilt from 5 scrapped vehicles



when it was at the 2011 Del Mar Goodguys, I got photos of it from up close, inside and out.

http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2011/04/schools-in-this-is-visual-lesson-in.html

While it is the museum and will get a lot more people to respect the enormous commitment the builder had, and the talent in making this car, the stantions and ropes will not allow museum guests to get as close and with the great lighting I had available at the 2011 Goodguys. Kudos to the museum for getting it on display! 

3 comments:

  1. I looked at the (great) pics you took at Del Mar and I can see the gas tank is actually a Whizzer Motorbike tank (pre-war Model F). It's gas cap is very distinctive. It holds 1 gallon. Cheers. Whizzerick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad had this car from 1041 to 2005 ! It sat in our garages in 4 different cities that I lived in with my folks 1st. Pico Rivera 2nd. Torrance. 3rd. San Jose then Poway.................Cheers Carlton Todd Phippen.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's cool! I hope it was taken out and enjoyed, instead of just taking up space in every garage you ever shared... that's just an obstruction and space hog!

      Delete