Tuesday, November 14, 2023

I wonder... how many car fans under 30 know what the wind up key is, or appreciate it on the back of small race cars?

60 years ago, people knew what a wind up key was, and why it was on the back of slingshot dragsters and VW bugs... 

But I saw this at SEMA in the Optima Challenge, and realized, I haven't seen one on a car in years, and wonder, if you showed a better photo of one, on a race car, or VW Bug... would they be able to explain what's going on?

I don't think so, because the battery revolution in toys started in the 70s, and probably 99% of Americans under the age of 30, have never wound ANYTHING up. Not a watch, clock, toy, nothing. 

By the way, this is the same Miata with the white fang teeth in the grill... I love the sense of humor of this owner



No comments:

Post a Comment