Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Seen on tonight's walk, far more Rancheros and Mustangs than I would expect in just a one hour walk.


most days on a walk I find one car that makes the entire hour walking worth the effort. This Olds Vista Cruiser was the one for today. Sure, that is a 50s Buick under the car cover. So? Means less than nothing next to this Oldsmobile wagon! I just dig it. 



he was doing a lot of body work to it. Been right there since before 2009



this Mustang used to have a cool van for company, from before 2009 to 2019




Both of these 70 Mustangs have ugly damn rims and hub caps. The above are hub caps, and a sin against cars. 



This one stumps me... but it qualifies as today's "what's under the car cover"




this Elk has been there a couple years, here's what it looked like before the car cover:






and here's what the Ranchero looks like without the car cover:



I ask, not knowing the answer... why is this on blocks, with flat tires, that are aged until dry rotted? 


I can only guess that it's to prevent the car from being stolen. But, if there is this much concern about it getting stolen, why not store it in the garage they will never open and use, as, they certainly prevent the use of the garage by having a car in front of it. 


there used to be a time when Honda made small cars, that were fun. The CRX and Del Sol, and the 2000. I don't think (and I am possibly wrong as I don't pay much attention to new cars) they make small cars for sale in the USA anymore, unless maybe the 170,000 dollar NSX. 



Fenced off lot with 4 or 5 old trucks, old Chevy trucks. 



This has been there about a dozen years and the shrubs have grown to shoulder height. 


Is this one unusual license plate? Seems very weird to have JKLMN on it, and it's the rarely seen 1990 Olympic design. I can't recall seeing one like this in forever.



Mining yard art! 


Been in the driveway blocking the garage door a LONG time, plates expired 18 years ago


I do not recall when I last saw a Jeep truck of this era. It's a Commanche, right? 



Sidewalk art! Love it! 



Pac Man AND dinosaurs? ! Sweet! 



Well, I guess this ain't the strangest thing I've seen in a parked car



there are so many abandoned cars in this neighborhood... look at the water stains on this flat tire.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, Jeep pick up a Comanche also known as an 'MJ'.....That's a short bed, desirable, but you need to be just short of 6' tall to be comfortable as the driver, sort of cramped in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top one is a Bentley or RR , nice neighborhood . never seen so much nice iron just wasting away. My old freind has a MK 8 Lincoln in the back of the polebarn , just sits , will not sell .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. top one.... huh? What car are you talking about? What photo?

      Delete
    2. I think he means....qualifies as today's "what's under the car cover".......I think the nose is too round for RR.......I could see a Bentley though..

      Delete
    3. oh. Yeah, look at the hood ornament

      Delete
  3. The gray or tan Ranchero has Chevy rally wheels on it. I thought Ford and Chevy had a different bolt pattern in those days.

    Honda still sells Civics in the US, but they are bigger now than the CRX was. They don't have any 2-seaters like the CRX, though.

    That looks like one of the CA Olympic plates, but it's hard to tell because it is so faded. The Olympic plates are the only ones I've seen that have the Italic California on them. Do you think "JKLMN" means anything? The truck looks yellow, so maybe Jack Lemon?

    https://nickkanaya.net/SAMPLE-CA2.html

    Did you hop on the hopscotch squares?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed those, that's pretty weird. I'd have to look up the bolt patterns myself.
      Well, I mentioned that I didn't think they sold small cars, and the Civics are not small cars.
      Jack Lemon... HA! That just might be, as you point out, because the color was yellow.
      Great link! I nailed it! Olympic plate! Wow, I haven't seen one of those in forever, and I look at a LOT of license plates every day.
      I don't hop, my knees are not letting me know that my easter bunny days are over. I doubt that skipping rope will even happen again. Just stepping down from a curb has that old man arm lift idiot move that does nothing to cushion the fall.

      Delete
  4. 1956 Buick Roadmaster hardtop in those first photos. Very collectible, out of 53.5k Roadmasters only 12.5k were two door hardtops. Hard to find a value, not many on the market. Restored would be in the $30k range, probably cost almost that much to do it!

    ReplyDelete