Friday, May 10, 2019

A man with a dream, and a whole lotta motivation, will go places, meet some great hot rod people that will help out a bit, and leave a mark that won't fade away




http://www.revistadelmotor.es/2018/03/02/baumemercier-indian-leyenda.html

Sir Anthony Hopkins did such a damn good performance as Burt... I hope he knows how much we've appreciated that movie

and by describing the amount of help that hot rodders gave Burt, I used the word a "bit" not to offend or minimize their help, but only to describe their assistance was not equal to all that Burt had accomplished to get his Indian Scout to Bonneville, not even half as much.

He'd worked on perfecting that motorcycle, and it's engine, tires, etc etc, for decades, and then worked his passage across the Pacific to travel from New Zealand to California...

so, the ratio of all Burt had done to get to the salt over decades, and the help he was given by hot rodders, has to be described somehow, and the term that I decided was both vague, and somewhat in the right neighborhood of the amount of help he was given... can possibly be something else I haven't thought of yet, but for now the term "a bit" ought to be all right. After all, when you think of asking for some pie, and you say to the person cutting you a piece that you'd like "a bit of that pie" you get about the right amount - in my estimation, and I'll guess it's a good representation of a graph, a pie chart, and might be about less than a 1/4, but more than an 1/8th.

I think that might be a fair approximation of the ratio of what Burt did, and what his new made friends did, to get him on the salt. Am I wrong? Or close enough for a post on my blog? This ain't Hot Rod magazine... and I'm not a pro. I'm just a car guy who's out to share cool stuff with wheels, and respect the extraordinary accomplishments of the legends like Burt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment