Monday, January 26, 2009

Advice from me to you. Get AAA roadside assistance. It's 1/2 the price of a tow truck

Ok, here is the list of my lack of foresight:

Locking the keys in my car, and not having a spare set the girlfriend can find..... lock out service 40 dollars.

Letting the daily driver get so low on gas that is couldn't get up a steep hill (Texas St) ........ and here I found out that tow truck companies start at $95 to hook you up, then they charge by the mile. The other tow truck company was $115 to hook up.

AAA costs about $65.

So guess who I'm calling tomorrow? AAA. I've had the roadside assistance before and it was useful, that was when I found out that they don't care if the person who paid for the membership is the owner of the car that you call them to unlock, as long as the membership card is there, and the car they are unlocking belongs to someone present... it's all good.

1 comment:

  1. It is definitely worth taking out some form of breakdown cover for your vehicle. I personally use RAC Insurance and have had to only call on them once, but as you have shown the costs for calling out for any services when you have no cover is extremely expensive, so it is a good investment.

    ReplyDelete