Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Mobil1 full synthetic vs Amazon basics full synthetic, result? Amazon is a s good as Mobil 1, so price compare to save money



This same testing guy has some other interesting tests, but none are exactly what I HOPED for

he tests penetrating oils, but, not the 5 biggest names in that field. I've never heard that Seafoam even made one. By the way, the only other one he had that I'd heard of was by common name brand CRC.

So, of course, Seafoam worked best, closely followed by CRC, and somewhere in there was brake fluid and WD 40. WD 40 might be useful as a penetrating oil, but that is NOT what it's designed for. It's a water dispersant. THAT is what it's for, and if you use it to stop squeaks in door hinges, well, why not? It works for that too, like any oil would. 

Anyway, great guy, does good tests, FAR MORE than I thought anyone would, who is out of pocket for every test.

By the way, Slick 50? Avoid it. Turns out it was a scam, and his test backs me up on that

2 comments:

  1. His testing methods sound legitimate and logical, but I wonder if the tests he does reflect what an engine needs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's doing more than me to get to the truth of the matter

      Delete