Sunday, March 17, 2013

in the midwest there is a airplane and automobile museum that has rescued some cool buildings to give the Wings and Wheels Museum some period correct locations

 Above, the Springfield Hanger made in 1938 was used until the 1960s, at Commercial Field. Once used by the big airlines until growth out of small aircraft caused the need for ginormous hangers and larger runways

Above, the Waukesha Hanger was built in 1937, at the Waukesha Wisconsin airport that once was the training facilty for air cadets that went on to World War 2 as pilots from the region

Slim's Garage was a steel prefab car repair and gas station in Green lake Wisconsin, made in the late 20's early 30's
1924 Sunoco gas station, after being made obsolete, it was bought by a railroad museum, and now the Vintage Wings and Wheels Museum.
More info on all the building at

Now situated at the campus of the Poplar Grove Illinois Vintage Wings and Wheels museum which is closed through winter and spring, but opens in May.
It's North West of Chicago, North East of Rockford Illinois

No comments:

Post a Comment