Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dual Ghia in the classifieds, and Hoagy Carmichael was selling it

More on Dual Ghia's later, but quickly, they were Chrysler Fire Arrow's offspring, built in Italy the slow way, by hand, and imported for sale into America by the Dual Motors company which had been making military vehicles during WW2.

But what caught my eye was Hoagy. John Lennon called Hoagy his favorite songwriter.
Hoagy had composed a lot of great stuff and lived for decades on the royalties. Georgia On my Mind (famous for Ray Charles), Stardust(famous for Bing Crosby), and my fun favorite: the 1943 song "I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doin' Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues"

Yeah, the stuff that clanks around in my head waiting for something to loose it, no wonder I can't recall a thing, too many odd bits already have filled my memory ability to absorb anything new.

No comments:

Post a Comment