Saturday, November 28, 2020

Thank you again for the tips, Richard Cz, Maxime G, Gary L, Michael R, Ray L, and Mark R !


 I went and bought 7 gallons of av gas for my ol beast with it! 

To my surprise that little red fuel container holds more like 3 gallons than 2... damned if it's not a Canadian made container, and I thought it was labeled 2 gallons, maybe it was labeled in liters, or they just didn't measure correctly because it's nearly 3 gallons. 

Or the pump was bullshit in measuring how much it pumped out. Cause right there that clear 5 gallon container only has 4 gallons in it... anyway, THANKS!

and for the first time in decades, the gas gauge shows how much is in the tank! 

That's because I put a new tank level float in the gas tank last year (dang, it was April 2019! ) when you nice peoples sent me some tips! 

so, after 18 years of owning, well, let me be accurate, starting to make payments on this ol beast the first time.... I finally could afford to install a new tank float gas gauge sender unit, and NOW, after 18 years, that needle got pushed by the av gas in the tank to a damn near accurate representation of how much fuel is in the tank! 7 I just added, and whatever was left of the 4 gallons I put in it a month ago before taking it to get the torsion bar bushings replaced, cause I can't get under a car and sledgehammer on torsion bars, I'd probably knock the car off the jack stands

1 comment:

  1. That Canadian gas can is in Imperial measure, more than likely. It's based on a weight of 10 lbs of water equaling 1 gallon. The US gallon is about 8 pounds of water, but I don't remember exactly. Can't believe I remember this.

    ReplyDelete