Saturday, January 11, 2020

I was going to post stuff,... but got sidetracked for 4 hours to add to an earlier post on the largest cannons ever made and used.

4 hours to work through reference material, posts, texts, photos about a cannon virtually forgotten about in India, made in 1620, that fired a 1000 pound Iron ball, or a 660 pound rock ball, and it's the 4th largest known cannon ever fired.

It also happens to be the 4th in my post, now.  https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2018/03/has-wheels-and-is-cool-tsar-cannon-cast.html

You might not have known that I add to old posts every day too, though far less than making new ones. But with 41,500 posts, I often am coming across things that need to be added to, or improving on, old posts.


5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you can remember what you have posted and can then go back and find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only remember when I'm reminded. Like when I run across something, and that's when I remember that I posted something about it, or similar to it.
      There isn't any way I could remember most of what I've posted. Some stuff stands out because it made a big impression on me at the time

      Delete
  2. Them there are big guns. The Tzar cannon is really an odd looking thing. It's hard to imagine it fired at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed. I doubt anyone has seriously considered putting on a demonstration of how these operated. I'd change channels to see a documentary on them!
      I think it would be fantastic to see these loaded and fired!

      Delete
    2. Oh no doubt. That is if they can find all the pieces afterwards. I would insist it be filmed in slo-mo.

      Delete