Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Guadeloupe, an island with only 1000 km of roads, and a radar every ten kilometers.


With the problems that such a small island so far from France has, like unemployment and fresh water, and 300000 tons of decaying seaweed that is releasing hydrogen sulfide and ammonia which can cause headaches and vomiting. ... why the effort and expense to install speed radar cameras where the number of deaths per capita due to speeding cars is less than 1/17th of the French county of Bouches-du-Rhone, between Montpelier and Nice, where the Rhone River meets the Med?

Truth is likely to be fund raiser, after all, how many poor people live on a French Caribbean island? Few I think. And don't most governments look to the rich to get the money from?

According to the French Prime Minister, only 10 of the hundred radar cameras work. Sure, that's why you paid for 90 that are just there for looks?


https://detours.canal.fr/en-guadeloupe-le-gouvernement-a-installe-1-radar-tous-les-10-kilometres/

5 comments:

  1. Hey! But admit... they do look damn cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are quite a few 'poor people' who live on the Caribbean islands, rich people visit.
    I live on a Caribbean Island and have traveled the island chain extensively for over 45 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live on an American island, I'm referring to a French one, just to set the basis clearly of what I'm saying.
      Then, how poor can people be, and have a home? How poor, and have a home - on an island? I'm not asking about homeless, I'm talking about people WITH cars, as they are the only ones involved with radar cameras.
      So, people, on an island with a car and a house? This is the context of my story about cars and radar cameras on a French Island.
      I suspect that is a group of people with above the average income or money in the bank account.
      I know that there are an incredible number of homeless people on the Hawaiian islands. I saw that 1st hand

      Delete
  3. you ever seen pics of Haiti?

    its an island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I'll repeat myself for effect, it's not a French Carribean island.
      I mean by that, Haiti is a dump run by tyrants or corrupt politicians that will never see the prosperity it should. I've never heard of Bermuda, an English caribbean island, having problems either, and I suspect that other islands run by empire countries (France, England, Spain, USA) are all above the standard of Haiti.
      Simple put, govt standards of plumbing, sewage, utilities, etc etc etc.
      On the other hand countries run by 3rd world barely internet age governments I find to be lower than the international standard of civilized living.
      Public defecation on city streets, untreated sewage into rivers, lack of paved roads, lack of required public schooling for kids, etc etc.

      Delete