Saturday, April 27, 2024

the coolest thing that happened today? I got to help push a car across an intersection... you know how RARE that is anymore? A Mopar, a 68 Charger, a car a lot like my 69 Coronet R/T

I happened to be getting gas at the intersection, and looked up to the see Charger sitting in a very strange way... do you know how long it's been since I've seen a car dead in an intersection? Over a decade I think
 
So, I took a couple photos on the way over to help push, and one photo after he got it started again... the carb needs a rebuild, idle is about 100 rpm too low, and the gas tank seems to be leaking. 

But a bit of starter fluid, and it fired right up

4 comments:

  1. Love the genuine patina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job helping another car guy in trouble! That could be a cool driver once he gets those issues fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! It's very stock and run down, though the paint and patina have been waxed thoroughly... interior and under the hood are original. 383, 727, 8 3/4, buckets and center console shifter. Broke young guy in his 20s I'll guess, and I'm hoping to hear from him sometime, I gave him my card and asked him to get in touch so I can learn how things turn out with his repairs. I didn't even think to tell him about the stuff I have for sale that will bolt on from my 69 Dodge R/T.
      No one has tried to upgrade that 68 of his yet, and just upgrading to 906 heads, an aftermarket intake and carb will probably double his power and fun.
      sure looks good with the Cragar SS though!

      Delete
  3. As much as I love old cars (I own 2 oof them) there is something to be said about the reliability improvements that came about since the industry switched to fuel injection!

    ReplyDelete