Thursday, October 05, 2017

Harley-Davidson had a plan to teach an entire American town how to ride a motorcycle, all 84 of them, and it nearly worked.

the town of Ryder was very excited to get Harley’s attention, and even their painted fire hydrants orange and painted their water tower in Harley-Davidson script.

 Ryder even briefly changed its name to “Riders” for the riding season.

Harley taught about 70 percent of Ryder, N.D. eligible residents how to ride free of charge, the other 30 percent just weren’t interested.

And the result was that 15 to 20% of the population bought new Harley-Davidsons because of this.

THAT, is genius marketing effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment