Monday, September 05, 2011

Bruce McCall's Zany Afternoons collection of crazy cars you've never heard of







McCall’s 1982 book, Zany Afternoons, presents a collection of brief articles about an imaginary society from the 1920s to the 1950s, often populated by uber-wealthy and spoiled sophisticates who enjoyed such diversions as autogiro jousts, wing dining, zeppelin shoots, and tank polo

from http://deansgarage.com/2011/1932-kranzler-sturm-roadster/

to buy a copy of this book, http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0394735048/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

5 comments:

  1. These are superb! Bruce McCall is a genius! I can't believe no one else has even payed attention or commented

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Zany Afternoons. A real blast out of the 1930s. Roared with laughter when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Briiliant! My dad and I have enjoyed reading this book for years! It's some of McCall's very best material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you share my enjoyment of this goofy stuff!

      Delete
  4. Always loved and admired Bruce’s great wit and immense skill. Wish I had his talent.

    ReplyDelete