Friday, February 18, 2011

I've just added a translator widget, adapted from the brilliant Dicasblogger.com.br translator widget

I adapted the code from Dicasblogger.bz to the following, but since they were are writing their blog in Brazil, they speak Portuguese, and never wrote a code for translating anything to Portuguese, nor did they use a flag of Brazil, so I need one of those also, I can't adapt any code to translate from English to Portuguese... can anyone write the code to do that?
Here is one source code to show an example of what it takes, But it's not complete or all that would be displayed would be the flag, Google-Translate-English to Italian and none of the code text. So, clicking on the flag will work for a translator... but to see and example of the source code behind I'm going to have to delete a little bit of it

!--– Add English to Italian –-- a
target="_blank" rel="nofollow"
onclick="window.open('http://www.google.com/translate?u='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&langpair=en%7Cit&hl=en&ie=UTF8'); return false;"
title="Google-Translate-English to Italian" img style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 0px solid; WIDTH: 32px; HEIGHT: 32px; BORDER-TOP: 0px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px solid" title="Google-Translate-English to Italian" onclick="window.open('http://www.google.com/translate?u='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&langpair=en%7Cit&hl=en&ie=UTF8'); return false;" alt="Google-Translate-English to Italian" src="http://lh3.ggpht.com/_mcq01yDJ2uY/Sdke2xCmrPI/AAAAAAAAAj0/Jv14yyDo1i4/Italy.png" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" /


I deleted all the <> >< stuff so you can read it.

What I did adapting the code from Portuguese to English as the origin language seems to have worked, if you find it didn't, I'm sorry. I can't do anymore with it, coding is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment