Saturday, January 10, 2009

The last Horch made, one-off 1953 Horch 830 BL, a barn find


Built in late 1953 for the president of Auto Union, the Horch was an unusual product. A U.S. soldier bought the car during a tour of duty, and shipped the Horch back home, driving it until the transmission gave in. It was then that Al Wilson of San Angelo, Texas, bought the Horch for $500, saving it from the crusher.

It wasn't until Wilson's family wrote the company's headquarters in Ingolstadt, Germany, that a connection was made, and the car was purchased for Audi's historical collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment