Wednesday, May 01, 2024

compliment of the day!

Loved the blog, GREAT info on here. THANK YOU for reminding me of Airguide and my dad's time there. You are appreciated!!  https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2022/04/looking-back-at-one-of-american.html

My father was Harold Fee, No relation to orig owner, he was in charge of the production line for years, till he passed in the 70s. I was very familiar with most of the instruments, I have alot of the old parts that my father would bring home to trouble shoot, just couldn't bring myself to dump them as they were his life and livelihood. He was proud of his background in weather instruments, but the most I learned was a demonstration he helped my sister with for school to teach kids how they worked.

3 comments:

  1. Just went back and took a quick visit of the earlier past of the many weather instruments. Wow! Will have to go back later and really look at everything! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're sure welcome, that was a good post! I really like Airguide equipment, and I kid you not, that spyglass in the 2nd photo? I snapped that up off ebay! I wanted one of those since I was a little kid! Now I got one!
      And that duo of clock and barometer... just above the digital thermometer, that was mine. I inherited that incredible still in the box desk set from a friend who's dad was given it when he retired. Well, his dad passed away decades ago, my friend died about 15 years ago, and his mom gave me his stuff. That included his dad's stuff, and incudes that 22 I sent you the photos of.
      And it included that beautiful desk set by Airguide I loved so much... but, I foolishly gave it to my girlfriend after a couple of years of living with here, thinking we were good for the long run. I was wrong, and she still has it. It was a REALLY good gift

      Delete
    2. I told you I have great stuff in the archives!

      Delete