Friday, May 24, 2019

in the past week there have been a lot of tributes to Lauda, but none of them moved me. Not until I saw the respect that the Museum of Maranello gave him, with flags at half mast, and only one light in the race car display. That, I admire



you can roll out all the stats, and they show what he accomplished.... that's fine.

But when I see that this is how the museum respected him? THAT means something. THAT shows what an amazing driver he was.

Some people get a parade, some get a moment of silence, others get a charity fundraiser concert... but when flags get lowered? THAT is impressive, and shows that they aren't giving lip service on their facebook page. They aren't fucking around. They are showing RESPECT.

I didn't hear of anything at F1 international headquarters, or the Ferrari HQ and race car factory, I may not have run across it yet, or maybe they did something that didn't get reported as thoroughly as this. But if they had done something as cool as this, I think I would have seen something

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3708638
http://www.polideportivo.mx/nuevo/2019/05/22/emotivo-homenaje-de-ferrari-a-niki-lauda/

No comments:

Post a Comment