Sunday, January 17, 2016

Veikko Sikiö hand made one cool bike. He cast the bronze and aluminum parts, wow!


"... make a liquid gas furnace, big enough to melt necessary amount of aluminium. I also had to make myself all the other tools which were to be needed in the casting-work. "





The usage of the clutch and the brake works with the same pedal. The system works as following: when you press the pedal, it first frees the clutch and when you continue pressing the pedal, the brake kicks in. I made a test version of the leverage system at first, so that I found the right relations


"First rim was a failure, but the second and the third were successful enough. On the front rim there were made places for 24 magnets, which are producing electric current for the lights when combined with a self made coil. I lathed the rims to the final size with a big lathe from at my workplace; the rims were too large for my own lathe. After some polishing and grinding I balanced the rims. One rim took 35 grams extra material and the other 50 grams, so the rims were a great success."




Found on http://www.dwrenched.com/2016/01/dwrenched.html  via  http://www.bikernet.com/pages/CASTING_A_FINNISH_WINNER_.aspx

3 comments:

  1. It's a Dr. Seuss bike. But damn is it cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck cool Woerk,respekt..!!!🤙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's exactly what I felt, and why I chose to post about this!

      Delete