Wednesday, February 25, 2015

a terrific photo of the grand opening of a Goodyear Tire location... and some details of that shot have some cool things


cool photo huh!


but when you look close at the cluster of cars, you can see the impeccably dressed gas pump attendents, in white with hats.... and the 4 pumps per island. See the delivery truck? Baffle Bar? Pepper Tree? Huh.... no wonder it's not around now a days


and the miniature blimps, and off to the far left the big tread demonstration vehicle.

They must have been selling a lot of gas, as the fuel tanker is right on site to make sure they didn't go dry. 

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:17 AM

    OH MAN!!! What I wouldnt give for that Zeppelin model / advertising prop - never ever seen one of those in that size. How abso-friggen-lutely cool. [technically, its not a blimp - blimps are non rigid and this is obviously modeled after a rigid airship, oft called a Zeppelin. In fact, were it not for Goodyear, Zeppelins such as the Graf Zeppelin, the American Macon or Shenendoah nor the Hindenburg probably would never have been built...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 5-window Model A coupe in the middle of the second picture.

    I haven't looked at Shorpy for a while. It's easy to spend a lot of time looking at that site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! Looks sorta small compared to the rest of the vehicles. Yeah it is, I haven't went there for 4 years! I have a lot of catching up to do

      Delete
  3. Here is a good picture of the tire tre van: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/216172850840908112/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I've posted that before... somewhere in the archives, and I try to avoid repeating showing the same photos, so I don't let my readers think that I'm getting lazy, and not keeping the effort up to bring plenty of new content

      Delete