Wednesday, January 30, 2013

stupidest thieves of the week... could not steal a Z06 Corvette because they didn't know how to operate a stick shift

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/29/16759522-carjackers-unable-to-drive-stick-shift-fail-to-steal-corvette?lite


The aspiring carjacker didn’t know how to start Bean’s car, a 2002 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette. (The car, used, sells for about $19,000.)
"The guy started screaming at me, 'How do I start the car?'" Bean told WKMG. Finally, the other guy, still holding Bean at gunpoint, hollered back, “It’s a stick!”
“I had to tell him four different times that you have to push in the clutch because it’s a standard transmission,” Bean told myfoxorlando.com.
The two assailants – Bean said they were handsome young men -- ultimately ran away with his phone, wallet and keys. The wallet, he said, was special because his wife made it.
“My first thought was I guess we don’t have driver’s ed in school anymore because no one knows how to drive a stick,” he told myfoxorlando.com. “And my second thing was, ‘Don’t shoot me because you can’t start the car! I am trying to help you out here.’”

1 comment:

  1. Thats hilarious. My dad actually had the same thing happen to him 40 some years ago but with an automatic. He lived in Italy at the time and had an automatic FIAT 126, which not only was extremely rare for the model, but an automatic car in Italy in the 70s was extremely rare period! So the thieves stole the car while my dad was at a friends house. Another friend came by and said, oh youre here. My dad of course was confused to which his friend replied, well I thought you were in some other part of town because your car is there. Of course they went where the car was, and saw that it was my dads car which had been left in D. So apparently the thieves stalled it but didnt know they had to take it out of Drive to turn it back on!

    ReplyDelete