Sunday, March 06, 2022

the passion for collecting is a powerful thing, sort of like a treasure hunt. The results are often amazing, and when those collections go to auction, like this petroliana - it's amazing to see what's been saved from the city dump, and will get bought and added to someone new collection

 










these are just a few examples of the hundreds in this one auction I stumbled across.

https://www.proxibid.com/Check-the-Oil-Promotions/March-Advertising-Online-Only-Auction/event-catalog/211883

but similar, and cooler stuff, is in https://www.proxibid.com/Anstine-Midwest-Auctioneers/Automotive-Collectables-01/event-catalog/216469

3 comments:

  1. I have one of the Champion Road Race games. I haven't looked at it in a long time, but I'm not sure if mine has the spinner and cars there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! That's amazing that I just posted it, I hadn't ever known of it until now... send some good photos of it!

      Delete
  2. Motor oil in bottles? Make sure you don't drink! Nice collection.

    ReplyDelete