Tuesday, March 12, 2019

It's just a reminder that things can be far worse, and some fender work can fix it,.... after all, no one was hurt. It simply rolled downhill.





Maybe you don't recognize this Mercury, but, it was just featured up front and center at SEMA



https://www.facebook.com/mike.lawson.355/posts/10215537405526341  for the crash photos

https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2018/11/this-mercury-seemed-bit-out-of-place-at.html for the SEMA photos

What was the cause? Well, lets just say that on Feb 22nd, he posted these words:

2 brakes systems failing. Gas tank strap broke. Junk Starter. Throttle cable breaking. 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215497530209483&set=a.2819155876121&type=3  

So, it was clear that mechanically, things were not as perfect as the body. And the brakes had already broken twice? Man, you're not getting the right person to install, fix, or replace your brakes. So, what caused the car to roll downhill? I haven't read an answer yet

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, it a stone cold bummer but it doesn't look like there's frame damage. I'm surprised a low rider could make it down a hill in the woods like that. Was it being driven, or did it just roll away on its own? Probably didn't have the brakes fixed as well as he thought, or what was repaired x2 wasn't the problem but the symptom. If its a manual, then maybe the parking brake was just as iffy as the rest of the brake system. If it's an automatic... then rolling down the hill would mean it was in neutral for some reason (maybe the reason it wasn't starting was the neutral safety switch) and the parking brake wasn't on, or wasn't any good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see any boulders in the path it took to the bottom of the hill, so probably just front end damage. That's not so bad.
      I don't have any story on the cause yet, he posted photos (you can always click on the links to learn what their might be) but no reason it hit the tree down the hill.
      Don't you know that I'd post the details if I knew them? C'mon! I post it all, I hold nothing back.
      I don't see a column shift, so I think it might be a stick shift.

      Delete
  2. I should have worded that differently, I was speculating rather than asking if you knew.

    ReplyDelete