Sunday, August 25, 2013

5th annual Surf City Garage car show

the above station wagon I've posted before, but the 50's collection that it carries still stuns me

above, a new license plate painted like a 60's in colors, but it doesn't have the same format as a 60's California plate, 3 letters and then 3 numbers

pretty cool little car ornament!

more 8 tracks than I've seen in one place in all the car shows I've been to for years

above, best car call board I've seen in a while, and the bottom round piece is the right size to fill the area of the rim behind it

above, the Holden station wagon that was at SEMA last year

above, far out custom.... that might have been a Chevy truck, but, really... who the hell knows

above, the Cougar I posted from the Edelbrock show in May

in the back of a Skyliner

also was at the Edlebrock show in May

old cool can with a cork wrapper


  1. The old can with MOROSO decal on the top is a "Cool Can". It was used primarily in drag racing. You would connect your fuel line to the inlet on the can, then run a line from the outlet to the carb(s).

    The can was packed with ice, keeping fuel cool to prevent vapor-locking.

    1. Ummm, yeah. You're killin me man... I captioned the photo "Old Cool Can" and took the photo because I was impressed to find an old one.

      I do appreciate the comments though, and had never heard of the cologne thing, I figured it was a fold your own toy type of thing... for example

    2. Good grief....something is wrong with my vision. When I read it this morning it read, "Old oil can with cork wrapper". Then again, it was pre-coffee.....probably the problem.

    3. this getting old thing we are all doing, it's not as easy as we make it look! I was with my girlfriend picking out bifocals for her today! She's only 43!

  2. I'm pretty sure that the little cardboard Mustang was originally used to hold a bottle of cologne. The company was "Perfume du Cor"....or something like that. There were different cars used for the promotion, including a Mopar. I think it was a 'Cuda convertible. I have one somewhere.

    1. Here's a link to the 'Vert 'Cuda:

  3. That Buick Woody is the best I have laid eyes on. Absolutely bitchin'!