Sunday, August 25, 2013

5th annual Surf City Garage car show



the above station wagon I've posted before, but the 50's collection that it carries still stuns me


above, a new license plate painted like a 60's in colors, but it doesn't have the same format as a 60's California plate, 3 letters and then 3 numbers





pretty cool little car ornament!



more 8 tracks than I've seen in one place in all the car shows I've been to for years





above, best car call board I've seen in a while, and the bottom round piece is the right size to fill the area of the rim behind it


above, the Holden station wagon that was at SEMA last year http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013/04/not-camaro-its-holden.html


above, far out custom.... that might have been a Chevy truck, but, really... who the hell knows


above, the Cougar I posted from the Edelbrock show in May http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013/05/big-70s-cars-big-scoops-ltd-with-429.html


in the back of a Skyliner








also was at the Edlebrock show in May http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2013/05/cool-1930s-or-40s-gmc-pickup-with-front.html









old cool can with a cork wrapper

7 comments:

  1. The old can with MOROSO decal on the top is a "Cool Can". It was used primarily in drag racing. You would connect your fuel line to the inlet on the can, then run a line from the outlet to the carb(s).

    The can was packed with ice, keeping fuel cool to prevent vapor-locking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, yeah. You're killin me man... I captioned the photo "Old Cool Can" and took the photo because I was impressed to find an old one.

      I do appreciate the comments though, and had never heard of the cologne thing, I figured it was a fold your own toy type of thing... http://paperslotcar.blogspot.com/2013/07/uma-maravilha-de-colecao.html for example

      Delete
    2. Good grief....something is wrong with my vision. When I read it this morning it read, "Old oil can with cork wrapper". Then again, it was pre-coffee.....probably the problem.

      Delete
    3. this getting old thing we are all doing, it's not as easy as we make it look! I was with my girlfriend picking out bifocals for her today! She's only 43!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure that the little cardboard Mustang was originally used to hold a bottle of cologne. The company was "Perfume du Cor"....or something like that. There were different cars used for the promotion, including a Mopar. I think it was a 'Cuda convertible. I have one somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link to the 'Vert 'Cuda:

      http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-1971-Cuda-Convertible-Card-board-Holder-Of-Aftershave-W0QQAdIdZ517356843

      Delete
  3. That Buick Woody is the best I have laid eyes on. Absolutely bitchin'!

    ReplyDelete