Friday, April 04, 2008

The one Foose put his name all over, I stopped counting at 5 nameplates







I dig the car, and would love to have one myself, but if having your name everywhere you look doesn't suggest a bit of an ego problem for someone who is already incredibly well known, talented, and famous for everything he does... then why else have the name on each gauge, rim, brake caliper, etc etc etc? Duh! We get it, it's your creation,.... but in light of all the great artists of the Renaissance era not needing to autograph all over every piece they made (Da Vinci, Michaelangelo etc) what's with the hot rod icons slapping their name all over their cars? Am I the only one who thinks the cars are immediately identified with the builder? Posie, Roth, Pete & Jake, Barris... their cars stand out and are memorable enough that I don't need to look for the nameplates scattered all over to remember who built them.