The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) said the companies controlled about 95% of the world’s standard dry shipping container production and worked together between November 2019 and January 2024 to limit output and raise prices.
Prosecutors said the alleged conspiracy increased the cost of shipping containers during the global supply chain crisis, forcing businesses and consumers to pay more for goods shipped worldwide.
Jesse, When I bought a full size container with the optional taller roof I paid around $4,200. They are now aront $2500.00s. The local dealer emails me once a month offering another one at around $2300.00 but I have no place to put it. Now if I hit that Powerball lottery I will just buy a new house on 40 acres and build a new shop to build our new hot rods. Hope you have a garage. Catch you later.
ReplyDeletenice to see the price of SOMETHING has come down! I just checked the last two lotto tickets, I forgot to email them to you, but, anyway - they were duds. One had all the numbers less than 40, and the winning numbers were all OVER 40. I'm certain that the lotto is fixed. As soon as I figure out how, we are gonna be RICH! Lol... and yes, I am resting two garages, side by side, of the 3 that are on one end of an apartment building. 150 apiece per month, I've been renting them for about 25 years. One has my stuff, as I can't afford a one bedroom apartment, and am only renting a room - and the other has my tools and 69 Dodge Coronet R/T to keep it out of sight of theives, and off the street, and out of the rain and sun. It still looks about identical to how it looked the day I bought it in Feb 2002. I think I've put less than 10k miles on it in all these years, because, hell, most years I haven't been able to afford the gas. Seriously. 100 octane low level av gas is about 2 dollars more per gallon, here in San Diego, than regular pump gas, which currently is 5.50 a gallon. So, a tank of av gas is about 100 bucks or so, and at 8 miles per gallon, it goes quick. For the last 2 years, I've had the car on jack stands, ever since getting the front end upgraded, the brakes, suspension, and steering, and tires and rims... all that upgrade maxed out my credit card to about 20k... and I have had some job issues, with 4 months unemployment, and have yet to put a good dent in that credit card to where I can afford to get the right size rear rims and tires to make it look PROPER. I HAD bought 4 identical rims/tires, and those FILLED the front wheel wells, and yet, looked TINY in the rear. So ridiculously tiny, I sold the rims, kept the tires to replace the front tires with, and since they are softer track rubber, they will not last long once I get to enjoying the track spec steering, and braking, and can simply flip on the two tires from the back. But, I do need to buy new rear rims and tires.... once I pay down the credit card some good amount... but, that keeps getting delayed due to the commuter having a 5 k coolant system replacement due to the radiator cracking, and 100k on the hoses, etc... and then a 600 dollar vet bill, then just last month, a replacement AC unit as the old one was 5 years old, and on it's last legs.. so, yeah, still just paycheck to paycheck.
DeleteMy lottery tickets are not in my favor to date. I just learned that some Dollar Generals sells lottery tickles. Mt DG is 2 miles from the house and doesn't sell those dream tickets. I have to drive 17 miles to towntobuy the Power bal and the Arkansas to buy tickets.. As to living a
Deletea ina boarding house. I live in one just outside of Fort Sill Oklahoma when I was still in the Army. I loved that place. I had a large bedrom with a TV and a hot shower. The lady that owned the place cooked hot meals in the evening at no charge. I really hate to go abut my orders for Vietnam came inand a way I went. There is much more of this story and I will write them up later. Catch you later. George